Celebrant Duties

My role is to guide and support you as we create your ceremony together. Most importantly, as a registered Civil Celebrant, I will ensure that all the legal obligations and requirements are met for your lawful marriage.
Choosing your celebrant is one of the most important decisions you will make as your ceremony will be something you will remember for many years to come. I love seeing the smile on every couples face when they are finally married. We can select poems, vows and readings, as well as any rituals and symbols that are meaningful or culturally significant to you. It would be my pleasure to share this day with you, as your celebrant and make it truly special.I will make sure the ceremony runs smoothly and most importantly attend to all legal requirements. This day is the beginning of your life together,  it’s also your time to share your love with family and friends, and I understand how memorable you want it to be.
My service as your celebrant includes:
  • Preparation of legal paper work and lodgement with Births, Deaths & Marriages, including Certificate of Marriage
  • First meeting and lodgement of Notice of Intended Marriage
  • Provide resources – vows, verses, sample ceremonies
  • Creation of your personalised ceremony
  • On-site rehearsal
  • Wedding Ceremony
  • Register your marriage with the Department of Births, Deaths & Marriages
  • Cordless PA system with microphone
  • Signing table & chair (if required)
  • All stationery, emails & phone calls

Officiant and Legals


What you need To Know: A ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’ is the form which must be completed and lodged with me at least one month prior to the wedding. It is a legal requirement for a marriage within Australia to lodge this form. A celebrant must sight all original documents before the wedding can take place. 
Once lodged, it is valid for a maximum period of 18 months and the marriage cannot take place until one month after I have received the ‘Notice of Intended Marriage’.You must produce documentary evidence of date and place of birth, as well as photo identification which includes:
  • Australian Passport or Original Birth certificate (copies not accepted)
  • Current driver’s licence
  • A current or expired passport or naturalisation certificate, for anyone born overseas (a cancelled passport is not accepted)

More Legals

If previously married you will need to produce:
  • Divorce Certificate or Decree Absolute
If party is widowed you will need to produce:
  • A Death Certificate of the person deceased
If the document provided as evidence of date and place of birth is written in another language, the couple should seek a translation of the document by an accredited NAATI translator.

For translation or interpreting services contact (NAATI) National Accreditation Authority of translators & Interpreters. Offices all over Australia www.naati.com.au or 1300 557 470

Its all you need

  • For the special ceremonies in your life, including weddings, baby namings, partnership commitments or funerals, please get in touch with me. Simply send me an email or pick up a phone.